As a leading provider of senior care in Irvine, California, we at Dash Referral Agency understand that you may not consult a senior care provider and just directly hire a caregiver to save costs and ensure that care is designed around your needs exactly.
Naturally, as providers of in-home care in California ourselves, specializing in matching seniors who need comprehensive home support to talented care professionals, we would advise against it.
However, given that you are kin and your senior loved one’s close relative, not only by blood but presumably also in proximity, you have a better understanding of what is truly comfortable to them. This said, whatever form of senior care in South Orange County you choose, know that directly hiring a caregiver means that you have a huge responsibility aside from out-of-the-pocket-costs that include, but are not limited, to:
- Your direct hire’s compliance with the Department of Labor.
- Your direct hire’s Workers’ Compensation/insurance.
- Safeguarding your direct hire’s redundancy plans.
- Your direct hire’s background checks, including their past work history.
- Your direct hire’s skills assessments and certifications.
- Your direct hire’s emergency replacement in case he/she gets injured, sick, or needing respite.